Springfield Family Reminds Minnesotans to Make Sure Home Heating System Receives Annual Tune-up and Cleaning
A Springfield, Minnesota, family continues to mourn the loss of their son and brother following his death caused by a faulty boiler damper and badly sooted boiler.
On December 19, 2013 Adam Jensen and his good friend were killed after the vent damper in a home boiler heating system failed to open. A deadly combination of soot build-up and a failure to maintain a carbon monoxide detector in the home caused the community of Springfield to lose two future leaders.
The family of Adam Jensen hired attorney Jeffrey Sieben, partner at Minneapolis-based SiebenCarey law firm to hold those responsible for Adam’s death accountable. Today, as cooler days, weeks and months draw near in Minnesota, the Jensen family wants everyone to know that carbon monoxide (CO) is a silent killer. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control, nearly 400 people in the United States die each year from CO poisoning.
“The message to all Minnesotans is to install approved CO detectors and give your heating system an annual checkup every Autumn – just before you start heating your home,” said attorney Jeffrey Sieben. The Jensen family suffered a terrible tragedy because of a faulty boiler damper and a dangerously dirty boiler. It is just so important that home owners realize they must have their heating system cleaned and checked once a year.”
For more information, contact:
Jeffrey S. Sieben
Cell Phone (651) 336-1925