Electrician Falls 20 Feet On Construction Site
Our client was an electrician who was wiring electric fans into the ceiling of a 20 foot high walk-in cooler at a Cub Foods store that was being built. He was walking across the top of the cooler to talk to one of the other workers. The area was poorly lit and our client came across a step ladder lying on the floor. He pushed the ladder aside and fell into an un-barricaded hole. Our client fell approximately 20 feet onto a cement floor, landing on his feet. As a result of the fall, our client's right ankle was fractured, his right hip was fractured and he had fluid on the knee.
Jim Carey won a settlement for our client from the general contractor for $75,000.