Facts About Dog Attacks
Dog bites can occur at any time, with any dog. Never let your child get too close to a dog he or she doesn’t know. Never take for granted, or presume, that a dog is “nice” or “wouldn’t hurt you” as any dog can lash out unpredictably. Case after case of dog bites handled by our law firm proves that extra caution is always good practice when dealing with animals.
I found some very interesting facts about dog bites on the American Veterinary Medical Association website. A few of the facts mentioned are:
- 4.5 million dog bites occur in the U.S. each year;
- Men are more likely than women to be bitten by dogs;
- At least half of people treated for dog bites are children;
- Children between the ages of 5 and 9 are more likely to be bitten than other age groups;
- Senior citizens are the second most common dog bite victims;
- 30,000 of those bites require reconstructive surgery
If you have been injured by a dog or other animal, contact me so I can explain your rights and discuss your entitlement to fair compensation. The initial consultation is always free.
If you would like more information from the AVMA website, please click here to read more.